Educational and working background
Please find an overview of my educational background and working experience — that have been beneficial for my career and skills as a professional independent freelance full-time Dutch native translator — below:
- Eight years of freelance writing and editing experience: websites, sales letters, reports, interviews, columns, poetry etc.
- Writing School Amsterdam (various certificates)
- Journalism course (certificate)
- Library and Information Studies (Dutch Librarian License, diploma)
- Information Specialist Libraries at OBA, Amsterdam Public Library: six years
- Small Business School: Middle Management education for own business purposes (diploma)
- Specialised marketing course (NIMA-A) and five years of working experience in an international marketing/commercial environment
- Continuously following language/translation courses (English/Finnish) and translation developments/seminars etc.
- VWO; pre-university secondary education; highest variant in the secondary educational system of the Netherlands
I am a ProZ.com Certified Pro (www.proz.com/translator/1012741) and a full-time Dutch translator and editor since 2008.
Please note I am a member of IAPTI (International Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters), https://www.iapti.org, which promotes ethical and professional business practices.